Nuffnang

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Slipknot "our new album will rip your face off'

Slipknot are currently on a two week "studio lock-down" putting the
finishing touches to their as-yet-untitled fourth album which is set
for release in September.

According to frontman Corey Taylor, the follow-up to 2004's Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) is "going to rip your face off."



"I don't think the world will be ready for this album," Taylor told
US mag Billboard. "It's a cross between Vol. 3 and [2001's] Iowa. It
has so much power in it and yet there are so many great spots for
melody. It's a controlled chaos that hits you right out of the gate."



When asked about the album's lyrical content, Taylor said:



"Instead of bitching about what went wrong in my life, I'm bitching about what's wrong in life, PERIOD."



Taylor also says the album will have more melodic vocals:



"I got to the point where I was tired of pretending that I couldn't
sing every time I made a Slipknot album," he said. "So this time I'm
going all out."



But melodic vocals doesn't mean that this record will be any less
menacing. Taylor refused to go into specifics, but he did say that the
record is "very dark and will fit in everything image-wise that we're
making with this album."

Courtesy of KERRANG!

No comments: